Norfolk, VA – When you list your home with in Ocean View in Norfolk VA, an important part of marketing your property is holding an open house for your home. Many sellers are apprehensive about having their home open to public viewing and believe that most prospective buyers will schedule a showing time an agent; however, when a real estate agent holds an open house, it is a wonderful opportunity to capture the interest of multiple buyers, including those, who have not had the opportunity to set a showing with their agent.
Below are a few steps you can take to ensure a successful open house.
- If the weather permits open the windows and all doors with screens. If it’s too cool or too hot outside to open windows, set your thermostat at a comfortable temperature.
- Turn on all the lights and open drapes and blinds.
- Turn on ceiling fans, including those on patios and front porches.
- Display fresh flowers at your home’s entrance room or foyer as a welcoming to buyers.
- Place fresh-baked cookies in the kitchen for buyers to enjoy.
- Leave classical or seasonal music playing softly.
- Make sure the lawn is neat and toys or tools are stored properly.
- Unlock any locked doors, such as storage areas in the garage or basement.
- If you have a pet, if possible, make arrangements to take it with you during the open house.
- Before leaving, make a final walk-through to ensure every room is straightened, clean, and inviting.
For more information and tips about selling your Norfolk VA home, contact Shannon Allen, Judy Boone Realty 809 E Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk VA 23503. (757) 647-3126 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Allen, Realtor
Judy Boone Realty | 809 E Ocean View Ave | Norfolk VA
(Cell) 757-647-3126 |(Office) 757-587-2800