Norfolk VA – If you’re like many other home buyers wanting to take advantage of low-interest rates and are considering purchasing a home in Norfolk VA, be sure to take the necessary steps to increase your credit score before speaking with a lender.
Shannon Allen, Realtor with Judy Boone Realty in East Ocean View states, “It’s important for buyers to illustrate the highest possible credit score to ensure they qualify for the best mortgage rates and products available today”.
Here are 5 ways to increase your credit score:
- Pay Bills On Time – Consistently paying bills late or missing payments will hurt your credit score. If you’ve missed a payment in the past, be certain to bring that account current.
- Pay-off Credit Cards – Credit cards and other revolving credit is helpful to establish credit, but before you begin looking into a mortgage, pay-off all balances. On another note, don’t apply for any new credit cards or make any major purchases.
- Clear-Up Collections – If you’ve had a debt go to collection, pay the amount owed. The collection will remain on your credit for seven years, but paying it will help your credit score.
- Keep Accounts Open – Once, you’ve paid off your balances, don’t close the accounts. Keeping them open with a zero balance shows a strong credit history.
- Get Your Credit Report – Contact the three major credit reporting agencies Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian, to ensure accuracy. Clear-up any errors and have it removed from your credit report.
Shannon Allen, Norfolk VA Realtor
Judy Boone Realty | 809 E Ocean View Ave | Norfolk VA
Cell: 757-647-3126 | Office: 757-587-2800